The call for abstracts for World Physiotherapy 2021 has now closed.
Abstracts are presented either as a platform or poster presentation.
There are three types of platform presentation:
- State of the art: 12-minute platform presentations from the highest quality cutting edge abstracts that are likely to influence practice, with an 18-minute moderated discussion at the end led by a leader in the field
- Classic: eight platform presentations of eight minutes, followed by three minutes for questions in each presentation
- Rapid five: a platform presentation session of 10 abstracts each delivering key messages using no more than five slides in five minutes (5 x 5), with moderated discussion times
- Printed posters are changed daily and are grouped by topic within the poster area in the exhibition hall. Posters are displayed for one day during exhibition hours, with presenters attending their poster for 45 minutes for discussion with delegates.
- E-posters are accessible through terminals in the exhibition hall, or a meeting room, throughout congress. E-poster presentations will be grouped by topic, and each presenter will be given a short presentation slot. Delegates can search the e-posters by keywords and topic areas.
In addition, electronic screens will be used for moderated poster discussions providing an opportunity for a chair to lead delegates through a small number of selected posters for discussion with presenters. Some will be facilitated in languages other than English.
Platform and poster presentations are considered by the congress programme committee (CPC) to be of equal standing and judged by the same criteria. Although you may indicate your preferred presentation format when submitting, there is limited space for platform presentations in the programme and many more posters can be accommodated. The decision of what format to assign to any abstract rests with the CPC.